Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Style Up WBS

WBS should style up! Last night I rushed to catch the fifth episode of The Apprentice Africa and reached home panting. And what do I find? Some old school documentary by Ali Mazrui, that has been played endlessly by the same station.

"Due to unavoidable circumstances, we are unable to broadcast Apprentice." is all they kept splashing on my screen much to my irritation.

This is not the first time WBS is disappointing me. A year or back, they scooped rights to broadcast Champions League but would push live games deep into the night without apologies! UBC TV had been doing quite good work until WBS stepped in. My prayers were answered the following year when the national broadcaster won the rights again.

Now it has come to Apprentice. I've been hooked since day one and have been monitoring the progress of our boys, especially Deox and now WBS is beginning to play games. If the problem was from the source –Nigeria – where the shooting is taking place, they should have let us know.
Every viewer is important and if WBS cannot reliably show me the great business show, then the producers of TAA should switch to our good old UBC or NTV.

Then I won't have to suffer migraines grumbling.

5 comments:

Dennis Matanda said...

My God! I know Deox! I went to school with him. I am so pleased for him. I am.

Anonymous said...

Its amazing to what lengths someone will go when praising the subject of their adoration. The way Blogger writes about Deox and his kyeeyo stints, one would think he was a consultant in the office of the exchequer. He was a butcher in London for chrissake. And a deliveryman and a truck driver. And he left a respectable (?) job at UTL to go do this. Not very inspirational. I'm sure these are sections of his CV he would rather not harp upon much, so yes, much as he maybe a rags to riches story and a paragon of success, lets not kiss up that much. But hey, its your blog, not mine.
(Hey Dennis, remember Oscar from Cineplex Wilson rd? And the chic with a moustache in the red dress by the popcorn machine, just like in the movies! Dude.)

Shedi Dills

Jephrey said...

Haa Deox am rooting for you.Well done. Tasha .London

Anonymous said...

Hey Shedi Dills, here is more for you....
www.deoxtibeingana.com

Anonymous said...

but of course... obviously, a self authored website. what are you going to show me next, his wikipedia entry??

Shedi Dills